Private Surfing Lessons
Who is this course for?
Private surfing lessons perfectly suit individuals and small groups or families. They’re aimed at surfers of all levels looking for 100% attention with a dedicated surf instructor.
You choose the time, length, and pace of the lesson, as well as what you want to focus on and improve.
Private lessons are the best way to get great results in a limited amount of time.
Course Details for private surfing lessons
How do private surfing lessons work?
Your instructor will help you to set and achieve your surfing goals, taking into consideration your surfing level, your level of fitness, your personal wishes and your priorities.
Your instructor will carry out a short assessment on the beach and in the water (if needed). It will help them to understand your individual needs so you can get the best from your private lesson.
If you have any videos or photos of your surfing, please bring them with you. These can help your instructor decide where to start, so you don´t waste your time doing stuff you already know.
Will I see results if I take private surfing lessons?
Our private surfing lessons guarantee you the best possible results in a short amount of time, as well as plenty of feedback on what to keep working on.
Everyone progresses at a different rate in surfing, but one-to-one attention with one of our patient and professional instructors will give you a head start over most people!
Can I choose my instructor?
You can request a specific instructor – one who speaks your native language, or someone you have had lessons with before.
Many of our students become friends with our instructors, and we think that’s awesome. We’re really happy that many of our students return to us and stay in touch!
What will I learn in private surf lessons?
You’ll have a specially designed programme, catering to your surfing needs.
This could include:
- Fitness and preparation for surfing.
- Positioning on the board and paddling techniques.
- Different pop-up techniques, according to your abilities.
- How to pick the right waves to catch, so you don`t waste your time with close-outs.
- How to ride waves, also perform different types of manoeuvres.
You’ll also learn:
- How to read the surf forecast (tides, wind and swell) so you never miss a good session.
- How to choose the right surf equipment depending to the conditions.
- How to avoid dangerous situations, such as rips and strong currents.
- How to choose the right place to surf, considering your abilities.
- Surfing etiquette and the rules of the line-up
- Generation of waves, types of waves and the influence of the weather.
- Information on hydrodynamics and surfboard design.
- Surfing history and ocean environment education.
What else is included in private surfing lessons?
- Free hotel pick-up*
- Return transfer from our surf school in Famara to the spot of the day
- All equipment – a surfboard suitable to your ability, wetsuit, rash vest
- Practical and theory instructions on the beach and in the water
- Surf exercises and stretching
- Medical insurance
- Surfing Certificate (min. 5 days course)
- Surf school T-shirt (min. 5 days course)
* Please call us, to confirm the exact time and place. Free hotel pick-up service is offered for full-day lessons only.
Private Surf Lessons – PRICES
Private Surf Lessons – BOOK NOW
|PRICES PRIVATE SURF LESSONS|
|5 DAYS (12.5 hrs)||€450|
|3 DAYS (7.5 hrs)||€270|
|1 DAY 1:1 (2.5 hrs)||€100|
|1 DAY 1:2 for two persons (2.5 hrs)||€160|
How to find us
Red Star Surf School & Shop is on the main road in Famara.
You’ll find us opposite the Chiringuito bar and supermarket Otilia.
Our exact address is:
Avenida el Marinero 9, 35558 Caleta de Famara.
Opening hours: 9am to 7pm (9am to 6pm during the winter months).
For reservations or any further questions, call us on +34 928 528 808 or email [email protected]